Friday, January 15, 2010

Project Runway is Back

I know I might be the only person who's excited by Project Runway's return after last year's lackluster season, but I'm hopeful that this season will be better.  After last night's premiere, I'm still hopeful, but not convinced.  Here are my thoughts.

The best thing about it is the return to New York where the show belongs.  I love LA, but some things need to be in NYC.  We should have Michael Kors and Nina Garcia every week instead of a parade of lame guest judges who don't get the show.

Speaking of lame guest judges, last night's was Nicole Ritchie.  How very 2005 of them.  I'm sure House of Harlow 1960 will take the fashion world by storm.  

Last night's challenge was, what's the word?  Boring.  Basically, the designers were told to make something.  That's it.  No vegetables, no trash, no plus-size moms, just make something.  Oh yeah, they had to grab all the Mood fabric they could from a set in Central Park.  How innovative.

Product placement gone wild!  The Bluefly.com accessory wall is back complete with the naked girl serving sushi.  They've added the Brother sewing room to the Garnier hair salon and the L'Oriel make-up room.  Plus, they have HP touch pads for the designers to use "if you choose."  Now, every sketch comes complete with the HP logo in the corner.  The prize package has something to do with HP and Intell, but my mind can only absorb so many products in a span of five minutes so I didn't catch it.

 

Lots of tres gay guys and cool gals.  My favorite so far?  You guessed it, pageant queen Anthony!  He's the guy who brought "all of Georgia" in his gigantic suitcase.  He's a man after my own heart, even if he does prefer Miss USA to Miss America.  After that bizarre tumor dress, he may not last long.

Jeanne Marie Cacciatorri or whoever cried three times in the first 20 minutes.  Seriously girl, get a grip.  You're not that important.


Emilio won!  Wait, who was he again?  What did his dress look like?  Whatever.  I thought Seth Aaron would win despite the most awkward double name since Lauren Brie.  Memo to Seth Aaron - if you're 38 and dress like you're 22, you're going to look like you were laid off from middle management and became a TGI Friday's waiter.











Amy is from Plano and Mila is from Dallas so of course I must love them.  They didn't really have a chance to make a big impression last night.  Give them time. 



 Did Jay really mean to have poofs coming out of his model's crotch and hips?  Yet, it was Christiane who went home?  I'll bet she could have done some amazing work had she been given more time on the show. 
  
I'm kind of loving Ping Wu.

No comments:

Post a Comment