Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Off to the Fair!

I'm taking a one-day vacay from the job search to go to the State Fair of Texas which is, as always, in Big D.  The guy pictured above is Big Tex, who welcomes everyone to the fair.  What's my favorite part, after the corney dogs, I mean?  Why, the exhibits, of course.  I love the quilts and afghans, the cakes and pies, the jams and preserves.  Maybe it's the little old lady in me, but I love checking out all the things that people from every corner of the state have been working on all year.  Usually, there's some ribbon winner from someone I know.  You can have your midway and rides, except for the Texas Star ferris wheel, the biggest in the western hemisphere.  Gotta take a spin on it. 
Since I'm unemployed, Wes and I can go on a weekday morning.  What luxury!  I may never go back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment