Sunday, February 7, 2010

Monday's Man: Scott Fujita

In honor of today's Super Bowl, I'm posting Monday's Man a little early with New Orleans Saints Linebacker Scott Fujita.  He's not only playing for a Super Bowl ring today, he's an outspoken supporter of gay rights.  Go here to read his interview on the Equality March last fall.  An excerpt:

"By in large in this country the issue of gay rights and equality should be past the point of debate. Really, there should be no debate anymore. For me, in my small platform as a professional football player, I understand that my time in the spotlight is probably limited. The more times you have to lend your name to a cause you believe in, you should do that."

The straight, married father of two was adopted by a Japanese-American father and a caucasion mother.  This helps explain why issues of marriage equality and adoption by gay couples resonate with him. 

All right, now that I've gone all serious with Monday's Man, I need to point out that Scott Fujita is also insanely hot.  Check out these pictures below that I blatantly stole from Kenneth in the 212 (go check out Kenneth's entire post):






Professional football players are not usually my type.  Scott is a big exception.  Really big.  He's got looks, brains, and the confidence to speak out of gay rights.  This may be the sexiest Monday's Man ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment