Thursday, November 5, 2009

Rue McClanahan Hospitalized


Blanche Devereaux herself, Rue McClanahan is in the hospital with "acute cardiac illness." She has been forced to miss a tribute to herself to be held at the Castro theater in San Francisco on November 14.

“My darlings, I’m just devastated that I am going to have to miss my own tribute at the Castro Theatre,” she said in a statement on Wednesday from her hospital room. “Unfortunately, my doctor has laid down the law, and I’m currently having some maintenance on the old ticker. Trust me, I’d much rather be in San Francisco having fun and being adored by all of you.”


According to Entertainment Weekly, she had heart by-pass surgery and is expected to recover fully. I saw her in person recently when the Sordid Lives tour came to Dallas. Frankly, she didn't seem well. She came onstage slowly and sat down to tell her stories. Let's hope EW is right and she's back to her old self again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment